A new digital resource offers an accessible, interactive platform of innovative policies from around the world that are aimed at achieving equality and inclusion.
The Inequality Solutions portal, curated and led by the Pathfinders for Peaceful, Just, and Inclusive Societies initiative at the NYU Center on International Cooperation (CIC), was launched to catalyze global transformation in order to create a more equitable and inclusive world for present and future generations.
“We are proud to drive the effort on creating this sought after and necessary resource for the international policy community,” says Faiza Shaheen, CIC’s program director. “The Inequality Solutions portal offers a repository of policy solutions for anyone looking to make a difference—from policymakers and government leaders to researchers and advocates.”
The Inequality Solutions portal includes policies and programs from 45 countries and unpacks these initiatives, which are designed to reduce economic and political inequities as well as to boost inclusion. These adopted policies also take into account various social dynamics, such as race, gender, LGBTQI+, geography, and caste. In addition, the portal features policies tackling issues such as health, education, social protection, political participation, and employment. Among these are the following:
- Policies designed to advance political representation for women in India and Indigenous groups in Brazil
- Programs providing universal free healthcare in Rwanda and Thailand
- The creation of state-savings accounts for youth in South Korea and COVID-19 solidarity funds in Uruguay
- The implementation of housing policies in New Zealand that address health inequalities
- Programs in Morocco that reduce high-energy import costs and encourage green development